Google+ activity has long been speculated to influence rank. Encouraging your clients to leave a review on your Google+ page is a simple way to potentially give your listing a boost. Below you will find a step-by-step guide on how to successfully leave a Google+ review on a desktop or mobile device.
Fair warning and advice: The number of reviews versus star count seems to be the more important and influencing factor. However, maintaining quality is vital to the success of any business. If your page suddenly has a large influx of reviews, Google will most likely find it suspicious and begin filtering them out. Google guidelines allow a business to ask for reviews but not to “offer money or product to others to write reviews for your business or write negative reviews about a competitor.” It would be useful to familiarize yourself with Google’s reviews policy criteria.
Forward and desktop instructions by Maria Rivera, head of local search.
Disclaimer: Reviews below are for instructional purposes only. As per Google’s review policy, Google reviews should not come from a business owner or employee. The reviews below were removed before publishing this instructional guide.
1. You will be able to leave a review several ways. First, do a Google search for the company.
2. You can click “Write a Review” directly underneath the search result.
3. Clicking here will open a dialogue box. Star the business and leave a few sentences about your experience. Text is more important than any star count.
4. Click “Publish,” you’re done!
1. You can click on “Google Reviews” on the search box found on the right of your screen. This option will allow you to see what other Google users have reviewed.
2. Click “Write a review.” Star, drop the business a few lines, publish and you’re done!
1. Visit the Google+ page directly. https://plus.google.com/+Tastyplacement/about
Click “Write a review” and the same dialogue box will open. Star, leave a few sentences and hit “Publish.” You’re done!
1. Open Google Maps on your mobile device
2. Click on the search field at the top of the screen.
3. Type in name of the business you wish to review. Google will begin to autocomplete your search query.
4. Once you select the business, a box will pop up at the bottom of the screen as shown below.
5. The box displays information such as how many reviews the business has, hours, and the options to call, save as a favorite place, or share. Below the options are photos, more information, and the reviews section.
6. Scroll down to find the reviews section. If you have never reviewed this business, the stars will appear gray.
7. Select the number of stars you wish to rate the business.
8. Below the star section is a text field where you can enter your review. Once you are done hit the publish button.
9. You have successfully rated and reviewed a business!