Job: Local Digital Marketing Specialist
Update on January 2019: We have filled this position, but…
- As always, we announce new positions on our Facebook page first. Please like us there to be notified of available opportunities. Seriously, we have hired many people that we connect with first on Facebook.
Location: Austin, TX
Industry: Internet Marketing
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
TastyPlacement is seeking a Local Digital Marketing Specialist to assist our team with SEO and web marketing efforts on behalf of our local and national business clients — but we need someone who can learn fast and quickly, grow into higher wages, and more responsibility. This is a great opportunity for anyone enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced, fun, high-growth, technology-based industry.
The position is entry-level and we will initially be interviewing candidates at a pay of $15 per hour, with room for growth if you work out. We offer fairly decent Blue Cross health care. You’ll learn plenty working with TastyPlacement. We are a Google-certified Agency in the Adwords program and one of only 3 Google Analytics Certified Partners (GACP) in Google’s Analytics program.
- Oversee online map listings for all clients
- Management of online listings for clients in local directories, including but not limited to Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yelp, Localeze, Citysearch, and Yellow Pages
- Build out and maintain Google Map listings for clients
- Integrate with organic SEO department, PPC department, and Social Media department
- Proficient English
- Familiarity with Google Maps
- Familiarity working with spreadsheets and data
- Familiarity working in Google Docs
- Functional knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Previous employment in one or more of the following areas: search marketing, web design and coding, social media management, digital publishing, or web graphics
- Bachelor’s Degree
Please, no phone calls, and please follow these instructions: This is not a remote position. Send your resume and a cover letter by email to jobs[at]tastyplacement.com and include links to your social media profile–we want to know you better and also know how adept you are at social media, which is a part of any digital marketing job.
Claire J. Dunn works as a search strategist for TastyPlacement. She is a contributing writer for The Daily Muse and composes academic research on teen television in her spare time. Claire has worked in instructional technology for top universities in the US and UK and holds a Master’s degree in Cultural & Creative Industries from King’s College London. Her specialties include web design and social media management. View Claire Jordan on Twitter, Linkedin.